Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Remember...

Remember this post? The one about the "flippin" hospital bracelet?

Yeah, so do I. Like it was yesterday...

I still cry about it. In fact I did yesterday while we were at a big city hospital.

I told you it was bad.. Yes that BAD.

Im sure you wondering what I am talking about. I would, if I stumbled across this blog. So let me back up 2 weeks for you...

Here goes... (like I said before.. this is mostly for me to come back to and remember what happened)

2 weeks ago, this past Sunday, I was getting the boys and I ready to go to my nieces birthday party. I had just got through ironing all of our clothes and had them laying out on my bed.

Yes  my ironing board and iron is set up in my room. That's how I roll!

Anyway... The clothes were all laying out on my bed. They boys were on my bed playing, wrestling, doing boy stuff. I walked out of my room, across the hall to the boys room, grabbed 2 pairs of socks from their dresser and their shoes out of the closet.

I heard a thud.

I heard Easton screaming.

We collided in the hallway.

I scooped him up and saw a  place on his chest. He was sobbing in my arms, I am frantically looking for what is wrong with him. I look in my bedroom to see Camden still sitting on the bed. And then I look around to see what the thud was.

Then I see it.

The iron was laying on the floor.

My heart sinks. I go into full panic mode. I still have Easton screaming.

Then I see what literally made me almost pass out.

His thumb. His left thumb is white with a huge, nasty already swelling blister on it.

I freak smooth out. I start screaming, Oh my God. Over and over and over again. I run it under running water. It wasn't helping...

Then everything from then on is a blur. .

I somehow throw clothes on. I throw there clothes in my purse. Pick both of them up in my arms and run to my jeep. Buckle them in. Throw up in the front yard from being so sick at my self, I guess. Im not sure. And the find someway to call my mom and I scream at her to meet me at the hospital.

We get to the hospital. I flagged down some random couple. They looked nice enough and basically ordered them to watch Camden. I then ran Easton in side the ER. And basically sat him on the nurses desk.

She took one look at it and told me to meet her in the back.

We all ran in the first room open ER room and the Dr on call came in, and basically looked at it said that it was a 2nd degree burn on his thumb and chest. The nurse explained that the had the ambulance coming in with a child that wasn't breathing. So the Dr had to go and tend to him. I understood. The nurses were super sweet to me and Easton. She told me that she had a niece do the same thing. And that it was an accident and things like this happen sometimes.

Oh and Camden? He was fine. Once I got Easton in the room with the nurses, I told them that my other son was in the car and I had to go and get him. So basically, Camden was out side with those folks for all of a minute.My mom showed up right about the time, I was running outside to get Camden.

So they gave Easton some Tylenol with codeine in it. And put some silverdine cream on him him and got him all wrapped up. And that was it.

Seriously? Thats all I could think and thats all your going to do about it.

It was bad yall. Really bad.

The nurses kept telling me that it would heal on its own and everything would be ok.

All the Dr. said to do was keep it wrapped with the silverdine cream and gave a prescription for some Tylenol with codeine and make sure that we see our Pedi first thing the next day.

From the moment it happened till them moment we were getting back in the car was no more than and hour and half. Thats all...

So the next day I called our Pedi. Just a little back ground info. We use a pedi a couple of towns over. Its a little bit of a drive. But I have never second guessed my self or him when it comes to the boys. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr. C.

I received devastating news. Dr. C's dad passed away the night before. Dr.C would be out at least all week.

I was heart broken. Not only for Dr. C and his family but also for him not being about to treat East. Dr.C's office recommend that I use the Pedi clinic in the town that I live in. Now I have never had to use the Pedi clinic here in my town. I have always go to Dr. C. Even when Camden has been super duper sick, I have always taken him to the hospital where Dr. C could see him.

So we make an appointment with the Pedi clinic here in town to see Dr. U.

too be continued since this post is getting way to long!!! HA.

No comments: