Friday, December 11, 2009

my poor baby!!!

Camden has been so sick the last few days. I even took off yesterday because I felt that I needed to stay at home with him. Well I came to work for a couple of hours, but Robby called me and told me that Camden was inconsolable, so I went home to be with him. He started off running a low grade fever on Wednesday, and just wanted to be held. He went to bed fine that night, but Robby got up with him around 11:15pm, and he came in and woke me up, and I checked his fever and it was up to 100.5. So more Tylenol and c-phen, we put him back down to bed. He wasn't down for more than 20 minutes, and he was crying again. So I got up with him, and I turned the shower on in the bath room on hot water only, and we hung out in there for about 30 minutes. He was just coughing and once he would finally get to sleep, it was like he couldn't get comfortable. Poor thing, we tried the chair, we tried the couch, we tried it all! So Thursday morning, I called trying to get a Dr's appt, and Dr. Conner was booked solid. So I went and got a vaporizer, baby Vick's rub(didn't know they made such a thing!!), more tylenol, motrin and other goodies at Wal-Mart while Robby stayed home with the boys. We finally got an appointment scheduled for 8:30am this morning. When we got called back, I had 3 nurses approach me and tell me they were glad to see that I brought him, that they were worried about him. AWW.. that made me feel so good, that they care that much about their patients. So Dr. Conner saw him and got to hear his cough, and said that it sounded like a viral cold, and they were going to do a round of antibiotics! fun fun!! No but really, we love Dr. Conner, he is not big on giving babies antibiotics, and so when he prescribes them, he means business! He also told me that, we may have a few bad days ahead of us, just because Camden is not going to feel good. But that it WOULD get better!! Yay! So I'm glad that I took him in, and that he will be feeling better soon.

here is a pic with my little man, just a couple of days ago!!

No comments: