Friday, December 18, 2009

Behind...

FAIR WARNING.. THIS IS A LONG POST!!!

I feel like I am behind on everything! Christmas cards being sent out, wrapping presents, a few more Christmas gifts, cleaning my house, laundry, will my list ever end??? I haven't posted like I've been wanting to either. But to catch everyone that reads my blog, which is mostly family, here's a summary of what we've done this week!

Lets back track to this past weekend.
Last Saturday, the 12th, my dad's extended family had their annual Christmas Reunion. So I loaded up the boys and we went to that, of course, I forgot my camera, but we had a blast and can't wait for the Easter reunion.
Sunday, the 13th, we went to the Conference Center, and had some pictures made for our Christmas cards. I featured some of my favorites in the last post, so you can just scroll down and see those.
Monday, Camden got his second tooth!! Yay! I posted about that too, just scroll down and you can read all about that.
Monday night- This is where I get Worst Mother of the Year Award... So, just a little back ground info, the boys eat about 6pm every night, and I have started giving them their sippy cups, just the night before...
(trying to figure it all out)
back to my story, so long story short, I usually strip them down in the kitchen and take them to the bathroom, one by one, then get all their stuff ready, towels, bath wash, etc, while they are playing in the bathroom,(NOT in the bathtub yet). So I get ALLLLL their stuff and sit on the edge of the bathtub, and pick up Camden, in the tub he goes, then pick up Easton, and in the tub he goes. Everything is going as it goes EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! Then honest to God, I have no what happened next, but Camden was playing up near the front of the tub and Easton was right next to me, and was pulling up on my arm, and he lounged forward. I am guessing he slipped. But anyway, I heard a thud against the side of the tub, and I had him pulled out of the tub in my lap before he even started crying. Then he started in. Crying like there was no tomorrow. So I put his towel over him, he had in face buried in my chest all this time, and I was SHHHing him and rubbin' his back, but he kept crying. So I pulled him away from my chest to "survey the damage" and FREAKED smooth out!!! It looked like a red tear, but it was BLOOD!! Oh my goodness!! I pulled Camden out of the tub, sat him in the bathroom floor and ran to the living room looking for my cell phone, couldn't find it, finally found it in my back pocket, then called my momma. I had wiped it(blood) away at this point, and knew it wasn't his eye, but a tiny cut right in the outer corner of his eye that was bleeding. My mom said she would come and look at it, but she was 45 minutes away! So I hung up and was still freaking out, so I call my cousin, that is more like a sister, Brittany and asked her to come look at it, as she is a nurse. She agreed and that made me feel so much better. Then I was still kinda feeling un easy about it all and really wanted some one right there. So I called my sis, Amy, she was getting a pedicure and I knew she was finishing up, so I called her and she said she would come out. So Amy got there with in like 10 minutes of it happening. She didn't think it was that bad. Then she asked where Cam was... Woops!!! Camden had free reign of the house this entire time, and was living it up, scoping everything out!! LOL.. Poor thing didn't even have a diaper on. So Amy diapered him and then Britt showed up and my mom finally showed up as well. Everyone agreed that it looked fine, but he more than likely would have a black eye. My poor baby!!
Do you see the tiny cut and the little bruise?
My poor little Easton!!! But he was feeling much better until Tuesday night....
Tuesday night- We got home from the baby sitter and ate dinner, had a bath with no incidents!! Got our jammies on, was just following our usual routine. But Easton was very clingy to me, which I thought was because his little eye could have been hurting. Then I heard him cough. Uh oh.. It wasn't good. It sounded just like Cams from the week before when he was sick. So I was loving on him and giving him extra mommy love and he felt really warm, so I checked his fever. 101!!! Ohhhh nooo.. We had a sick baby on our hands. And then what felt like a matter of minutes, he started coughing and sneezing. So he got a dose of Tylenol and some of his prescription that he had been on for the week already. So I was setting things up in the living room for another all nighter. Robby was home by this point so, he put Cam to bed, and he went ahead and went to bed. And Easton and I posted up in the living room watching some Tivo'd Mickey Mouse. We fell asleep about 10pm. I woke up about 12:30am to him coughing and he still felt a little warm, so I took his temp again, 101.7!! yikes!! So I called the pedi clinic where they go in Sulphur Springs, and the nurse really told me there was nothing I could do, then what I was already doing. But if is temp got to 104, that I might wanna to watch him closer, Ya think??? Seriously! So I gave him a dose of Motrin and prayed that it would go down... An hour later I checked it again ( he was asleep) it was 102.5!!! HOLY FREAKIN MOLY!!! So I went through all the procedures the nurse told me to go through if his fever went up. Well it worked! Thank God!! His fever finally broke about 5 am and he was as happy as a lark!! My mom was keeping them that day(Wednesday). So I felt better about that(even thought i KNOW that Paula, our Monday, Tuesday, babysitter could have handle it too). I called the Dr. and explained to him what was going on, and he said that it sounded like to him, it was the same thing Cam had, it just may have hit him a little harder, and he asked me if it was ok if he just called in an antibiotic for East. Ok? Heck yes its ok!! No trip to the Dr., no co-pay!! woo hoo! And Easton is feeling TONS better, so is Cam!!
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, we've had no more drama!!! YAY!!! We are going to Emilys basketball game tonight, so that should be fun and we are having Christmas at my Mee-Maws, Sunday night!! If your still ready, God bless you for hanging around this long!!! I am sure I will have tons of pictures come Monday!!!

No comments: