Friday, December 18, 2009

Are those twins...

I was reading here just a few moments ago and was cracking up laughing!! This is my world to a tee!! This is how its like for me every time I go any where!! I don't know what it is and peoples curiosity about twins, but people can ask some of the weirdest, off the wall questions!!! Seriously, do people even think now these days before they speak?? And I have heard them all before, since I am a twin, but some of them still crack me up, and I usually walk away laughing!!!

Here are a few things people ask:
The question is bold and the answer I give is right next to it, every thing parenthesis is what I am thinking!!

Are those twins? Yes they are. (no, i just have 2 babies, in two exact same car seats, and they are wearing matching clothes!)

Are they boys? Why yes they are!! (no, they are girls, you know its the new fad to dress girls in boys clothes these days!)

Are they Identical? No they aren't (Do you see how big Easton is compared to Camden??)

Do you ever sleep? Yes, they are on a pretty good schedule. (Seriously, what kind of question is that??)

What are their names? Camden and Easton (thing 1 and thing 2, monkey see monkey do? I can see why they ask this question, as I ask baby names too!)

How much did they weigh when they were born? Camden 4.4 and Easton 6.12 (resonable question..)

How much do they weigh now? Camden 17 and Easton 20 (waiting for it...)

WOW, Easton or "that one" is Chunky! Yes, he likes to eat.. (yeah, you really need to lay off the candy bars your self lady or your child doesn't look like its missed a meal either, so shut your pie hole!!!)

How long did you carry them? 37 weeks and 5/7 days (yeah I'm proud of my self too!! go me, go me!! sayin my little cheer in my head!!)

Did you have a C-Section? yes I did (Seriously, unless your family or a friend that I haven't seen in a while, why is this any of your concern??)

Are they into everything? yes they are (that's an ok question)

When did you know that you were having two? at about 5 weeks. (Again Seriously??)

I don't see how you do it! I just do it! You would be surprised what you can do, that you didn't think that you could, can do!! (This question almost irks me UNLESS its a family member or a friend commenting, but Yes I have two babies that are into everything, but you just do it, and you smile and laugh and life goes on!!)

And the kicker, and I have been asked twice..
Did you take fertility drugs or where you on fertility treatments? No I wasn't, God wanted me to have two! ( Oh my goodness, SERIOUSLY did you just ask that question??? What business is it ANY of yours to ask that question to ANY BODY????)

2 comments:

Sonora said...

I love it! We have been asked so many of these questions too. My favorite was when we were carrying two car seats into the hospital to pick up the boys and people kept asking if we'd had twins. We wanted to say no, we just liked this car seat so much we bought an extra and brought it along so my husband and I would both have something to carry. Mine were natural too. We were only planning on having three children. Apparently we were supposed to have four.

Sonora-http://twinfinity.org

Paula McKaughan said...

LOL...this cracks me up, but SO true! This is something you'll battle for many years to come! At least you've had years of practice being a twin yourself. :)