Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Big Boy Car seats!

Remember this post? Well the time had come to purchase the car seats. I had researched the one I had wanted down to the tee. So last night I went to Texarkana, to Target, to purchase the "big boy car seats!" I walked in the store, full of confidence that I would walk straight over and pull car seat boxes out from under the models that sit on the shelves, walk up to the register and pay for my items and then I would be headed home. Sounds easy enough right? Well it wasn't. First of let me just say, I love Target. They always have what I need for pretty reasonable prices. But not this time. They failed me big time. Not only did they NOT have the car seat that I wanted, they only had one of my second choice as well. And the other ones they did have, it looked to be only one of each one on the shelf as well. I was pretty mad at this point. So I asked a target person to help me out. So she walked her little teenage boppy self over with her trusty scanner. She scanned the items to "make sure they didn't have any more in the back." And whatta ya know. Nothing in the back. Umm hello? Seriously? Do you people not realize that SOMETIMES, people have more than ONE baby at a time. They are called TWINS, or triplets or quads. Does Target not get this?? Or any other store for this matter, buts that's a different soapbox. Anyway, I asked her to go look in the back, just to see if they happened to have one more of my second choice in the back. You would have thought I had ask her to go clean the toilets or something. Lordy Lou! I really wanted to say at this point, I am fixing to spend close to $500 freakin dollars with you people, and you seriously don't give a rats big toe. Get your skinny little teenage butt back their and look for my other car seat!!!!! But I didn't. I held my tongue and smiled. She agreed to go look in the back. So literally after waiting for 15minutes, what do you know?? Here she came with another car seat!! YAY!!!! I then followed her up to the front, paid my 2 car seats and promptly left. I was still so aggravated about the whole situation, that I decided a little more retail therapy was in order, so I drove on over to Old Navy and purchased a few things! Whewww that made it all better!!! HA! So with out further ado, here are a few pictures of the new big boy car seats.



The Evenflo Symphony 65!



I had a model waiting up for me when I got home!!

This car seat wasn't on the original post that I had done on car seats. But I had read great reviews on it and really like it when I got to the store, and like it even better, when I found out that my first choice was out of stock. And for you people out their that are shaking your heads and saying, "you should have ordered it off the Internet!" Nope I couldn't. Because technically Easton had out grown his to the point I couldn't even buckle it anymore, so I needed to get them ASAP. And besides, who doesn't like going shopping?? HA!!

2 comments:

Jayme said...

Aww look how cute they are in their big seats!

Lyndee said...

You are soooo funny! I LOVE reading your posts and LOVE the way you write them. You had me ROLLING on the floor when I read this!!!