Thursday, June 17, 2010

2010 Family Camping Trip!

Day 1!!

A couple of months ago, my Meemaw suggested that we take a family camping trip, like we did way back when. (Way back when, I'm talking like 15 years ago!!). Any way we all thought it was GREAT idea, and got so excited!! My twin sister and I and our cousin, Brittany, immediately started looking at cabins to rent, because of our boys. They both have 5 month olds. And my Meemaw and Pappy have a motor home and then my Uncle Russell has a RV. So it was settled, we were going camping!!! We picked the weekend, booked the cabin, and packed for days and made sure everyone had a bed to sleep in since we had lots of folks going,Meemaw and Pappy, Uncle Russell and Kristy, Me and Robby and our 2 boys, Amy, Justin, Kinz and our cousin Brittany, Mike and Creed, and mine and Amy's little sister, Emily, and our Aunt Shannon and her 2 kids, Alyssa and Logan. And then Brittanys Dad, Uncle Sherrill stayed with Meemaw and Uncle Russells boys, our cousins, came up and stayed with Russell . Told ya, LOTS of folks!! (around 20 folks, give or take a couple! HA)

So last weekend, June 11th-13th was the BIG weekend in beautiful Broken Bow, OK. It was a weekend that I am ready to do all over again! We had such a great time.




This is what we pulled up too! The beautiful, Mountain Star.



They had seating like this all around the decks. The cabin was wrapped in decks!



Simply gorgeous. My boys had a total blast running and playing on these decks.



And we can't forget this. One of the "main" reasons we chose the cabin!




The pretty views from every angle of the decks.





The gorgeous layout of the cabin. This is really the only wide shot I took of the cabin. It was beautiful beyond words, and totally took all of our breaths away.



My little sister, Emily, found this chair, and fell right asleep, basically as soon as we got their. All of us pretty much lounged in this chair at one point. It was so comfortable. We all wanted to take it home with us!




We finally got settled in and fixed dinner and started to relax....
My boys eating a snack, waiting on dinner to be served! (just a side note, they both had been in the hot tub at this point, ran their little hearts out on the decks, and where pretty tired by the time this picture was taken!)


Kinz and Creed eating dinner!




While my boys were snacking, I took pictures of the arrangements in the cabin. I loved them all, and they were very inspiring. I feel a trip to Hobby Lobby coming on!!!
The one above was on the main table.



above the fire place...



on the end table...


Everyone joined us at our cabin for dinner on both nights. It was so great to have everyone come to us instead of us hauling the boys and everything, to the park where they were staying..


The master bath, was properly the prettiest room in the house... We all loved it, and took turns taking baths in the whirlpool bath!! But I think 2 little boys loved the bath more than anyone!!



After dinner, came our nightly bath. They didn't know what to think once we turned the jets on!!


I added a few drops of their bubble bath...

and they....


... had a blast!!!
This ends day 1 of our trip.. I will try to get the rest of our weekend up soon!
We had sooooo much fun!!!

1 comment:

Lyndee said...

How FUN! You have such a neat family, with everyone getting together to do this. What amazing memories you are creating for your boys!!! I LOVE the flower arrangements...if you happen to make any and want to sell I am highly interested!!!