Friday, January 15, 2010

Im gonna miss this...

I was reading here yesterday and I got all teary eyed all of a sudden. It brought back so many memories and the feeling that Mckmama had, I to can remember the exact moment when I felt that I had better soak up every memory of my two little ones, because it wasn't going to last. I was going to miss the feeling of their billowy soft hair against my lips as I rocked them to sleep. I was going to miss the fact that they loved to snuggle and molded perfect to my body. I was going to miss that sweet newborn smell that newborns have. I was going to miss those little coos, and those half crooked grins.They would soon be growing up, and before I knew it they would be teenagers, not wanting to snuggle with me, and then next they would go to college. Then the horror struck me, then they would get MARRIED and have BABIES of their own! (or the other way around, like I have done, which is ok too!) Oh the nerve of them!! HAHA!! So that night, as I held Camden, I continued rocking him with him on my chest. The boys were about 2 months old at this point. And then I went and layed him in bed and got Easton out of bed, just to hold him and we rocked for at least an hour. After that night, and still to this day, I even did it last night, went and got them out of bed, just to snuggle. I feel good knowing that when they are grown up, I can think back to all those nights, that I loved on them just because. Not because they were restless or they were crying or because they didn't feel good. No reason other than I wanted too. Its a good feeling knowing!!! So all you new mothers out their, soak it ALL in, because your babies will grow up and you too will miss them being little babies.

1 comment:

Lyndee said...

You're going to make me CRY!!! Tonight I am going to do the same thing, because SO OFTEN I miss these golden opportunities because I'm (selfishly) enjoying a little peace and quiet. What a sweet post!!!