Thursday, August 19, 2010

Caldwell Zoo-Tyler

Last Monday, August 16th, I took off work to spend some much needed time with my boys. Robby had been out of town taking "J" back to his moms, and wasn't due back to Monday evening, so I just took instead of getting a babysitter. Well Robby surprised us and came home a day early, so we decided to take the boys to the zoo.



We had a great time, and I am pretty sure the boys enjoyed it too!





Here we are in the gift shop. I totally forgot to bring sun screen, so first things first, we had to get that out of way.




Right out of the gift shop we encountered these ugly creatures. Not sure what they were, but the boys took interest in them...




The lone rhino. I had to zoom in to get this picture, and the boys took NO interest in him until...




... we went into their little cage area type thing. Not sure what you call it. But in their, their were 2 rhinos. So we got to see them up close in person.. Very cool!





Cam was more impressed than East was...



What is that thing??




Easton was more like, "its hot and I really don't care, thankyouverymuch!"




On the the giraffes.. My personal favorite..







Easton and Daddy checking out the giraffes...




Camden and Daddy checking out the giraffes...




The elephants are next to the giraffes, but they had the gate closed where you couldn't get back there to really see them..




On the road again...




Inside the penguin and bird and fish house.


The boys really liked this building. I'm not sure if it was because it was air conditioning or if they really liked watching the birds and fish. Properly a little of both!!!



I just liked this picture because you could see the fish and the 2 birds on the ground above them.. Kinda cool..




The boys watching the fishes...



so sweet!




This little fellow pretty much hopped and flew all around us the whole time we were in there.




on the path again....




to see an alligator, or was it a crocodile? At this point I didn't care, I was sooo hot! I think we all were....



what are yall checking out??




a buffalo!!!



We came across another air conditioning building. It was the snake and bug building. Normally I would have said, "no way, Jose!" But considering it was hotter than hades out side, I was alllll over it! HA!



We did see this cute little lizard, that was about the only thing that was cute in there.

We high tailed it out of there and didn't stop till we got to the car! What can I say, we were pretty miserable at this point!



Our next stop was....



Mercado's!!! YUMMO!!! One of my favorites!!




Cam is ready to eat!



Are you ready eat Easton? "Of course I am, momma!!!" HAHA!!


All in all we had a great family day! We had no melt downs like we did here. And after we ate, we stopped by Toys R Us to get some ideas for Christmas, then headed home!

We can't wait till the fall, we already have plans to go the Ft. Worth Zoo!!!


No comments: