Thursday, July 22, 2010

Please tell me its gets better....

Last night we went to out with just the 2 little boys. J had went to spend the night with Papa, and Robby and I just wanted to get out of the house for a change. So off we went.



Dinner was great. The ending was near and Camden was getting antsy. So I got him out of his highchair and sat him in my lap. He stayed that way for about 30 seconds. He grabbed a fork, and distracted him for oh about 15 more seconds. Robby is finishing up and Easton is getting semi distracted, and antsy as well.

So I am thinking, ok were getting things together and its all going to be fine, we will be out of here in less than 5 minutes TOPS.

That's was until, I give Camden a toy to play with and promptly throws it on the ground. So I let him down to retrieve his toy. This whole time I am thinking, its fixing to get bad, but I am also thinking, well maybe not, maybe we can hurry and get out of here before all, pardon me, hell breaks loose.

Seriously everything I just said, all happened in about 45 seconds.

Camden is still walking towards his toy. Then gets a wild hair and takes off like a cannon. I jump up after him. Catch him in about 6 LONG steps, and scoop him up. He then lets out this blood curdling scream, I swear I looked around because I thought it was someone elses kid, my precious little angel does not act like this.

Well I was in for rude awakening.

Camden proceeded to KEEP screaming. I announced to Robby that it was time to go. I start getting their things. I have twins, so I have A LOT of things. Mean time, Camden is still squealing like a banshee Indian.

And Easton has started standing up in his high chair, and Robby is pretty much spazzing too.

So Cam is on my hip, still squealing, i am literally throwing things in their diaper bag, and Robby is wrestling with Easton getting him out of the highchair and trying to pick their sippy cups off the floor.

I pretty much sprint to the car.

Robby is right behind me.

We agree'd that we have never been so embarrassed in all of our life!!!


Lordy lou, I am hoping this is just a phase.

No comments: