Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh No! Not again....

The above title was my reaction to Camden being put back in the hospital last Tuesday.


Yep, he has been in the hospital twice in the last 4 months. Not good!


It all started last weekend. Well Sunday really, he just didn't feel good and was a whiny hiney that night, so I let him sleep with me. Then on Monday, oh my! You could just tell he didn't feel good. He was very congested. So I started doing breathing treatments, know that it was a holiday and that the Dr. wasn't in. I felt that we could ride it out by doing breathing treatments and little noses and lots of snuggling. That night he slept with me again. And we were both up all. night. long! He was not feeling good, now running a fever, and I was counting down the minutes till when he could have another breathing treatment. At one point I started getting ready to take him to the ER. But instead gave him a breathing treatment, since it was 4am. So 6:30am rolls around, and Cam is sleeping, finally. He had a rough night. So I decide to get ready for work and make him a DR's appt. when I got their. My mom showed up to keep them for the day and I instructed her to not to wake him, but to give him a breathing treatment at 8:30 am even if he was still asleep.


She calls me at 8:30am. Not a good sign, my mom NEVER calls me. She goes on to say that Cam isn't doing good at all and that he needs to go to the Dr. So I call the Dr's. office back,(I had already had a call in), and tell them if they didn't get me in now, that I would just be seeing the Pedi in the ER, because that's where I was headed! They told me to come right away.


So we get to the Dr. and stick the pulse ox on him.... 87 percent! This was 9:30, exactly an hour after his last breathing treatment. This wasn't good. Dr. Connor calls for a kick a** breathing treatment (his words not mine) and it raises it to 92 percent.


Oh and by this time, Camden is feeling great, doing his "happy dance," climbing up in Dr. Conners lap and just a talking and singing. All while his pulse ox was any where from 88 to 92.


Seriously??!!


Dr. Conner just kind of sat their and watched Camden. I could tell he was kind of lost for words. Here was a pretty sick kid, but not acting like it at all!

Soooo, after about 5 minutes of talking about his symptoms and the night we had, he said those dreaded words, "I am admitting him." His reasoning was he didn't think that he was breathing good at night, and I know that he wasn't, and he thought the pneumonia had come back because of his breathing.

Sooooooo..... back to the hospital! We were even in the same room we were in last time! What are the odds?



tuckered out from the Dr.'s appt, admitting, chest x-ray, ext.

Dr. Conner was right, his oxygen level did drop that night. So much in fact he had be put under the oxygen tent. It was kinda scary to tell you the truth. It just seemed like as soon as he went to sleep for the night, his oxygen level just kept getting lower and lower. I finally just scooped him up in my arms and ran into the hall way to grab a nurse. We got the tent all set up and then continued to say up till 2am.
Fun times, let me tell ya!!


the dreaded oxygen tent....

Anyway the next day, he did really good. He levels stayed up on his own during his naps, which in turn got us released around 3pm. yay!!!



Hanging out watching TV and flirting with all his nurses! (and all these pictures were taken with my phone.)
Now we have a Pulmonologist (lung doctor) appt. for tomorrow the 16th.
I will update after that appt.

No comments: