Thursday, May 27, 2010

a MAJOR first....

My sister and I have been and stayed in the hospital numerous times. So I knew that it would only be a matter of time before one of my little guys would be making that first visit. And I honestly thought that it would be years to come before we would even set foot in a hospital. And also thought it would be some sort of injury, some thing boy related, you know, like stitches or broken bone or what not. Well I guess that's what I get for thinkin'!! Cause Sunday night about midnight,after being their for about 3 hours, our little CamCam got himself admitted in the the hospital with pneumonia!!! Yes sir re bob, I was scared out of my ever lovin' mind. My baby,(well technically he isn't the "baby", Easton is, but still!!!) was soo soo sick!



We had just gotten in to the ER room and they had just put the oxygen sensor thing on him. I don't think he or even me for that matter knew what was about to happen!!



Is little IV.



Poor little guy finally had had enough and just past smooth out. I don't blame him. He had just got through, a full HOUR breathing treatment, them sticking him to draw an obscene amount of blood, starting an IV' and doing chest x-rays and numerous swabs and such. He had been crying and I had been crying. I swear I looked up one time, and their were about 6 folks in our tiny little ole room, trying to help my baby breathe better!!!



We finally go to a room, it was such a relief!! He slept through the night, even through all the nurses coming in and out checking on him and through his oxygen sensor machine going off steadily.

the next morning, he was back to him self!! I was soo happy to see him laughing and playing peek a boo and just wanting to run around!
I bet we sat here for at least half the day!!
Brother came and saw us!! This was our attempt to try to get them to take a nap. NO such luck!! But they played and played until they got really cranky and so Robby and East went back home so that East could get a nap and so could Cam and I. It was the sweetest thing ever, when Easton and Robby walked in the door! Camden and my self were on cloud 9!!!
Packing it up to go home!
We finally got released to come home about 6pm! And by this point , you can see Camden was feeling so much better!!! I am sooo glad that we only had to stay about 20 hours in the hospital. But I am even happier that my baby is feeling better!!!

1 comment:

Lyndee said...

Oh Melissa, thank goodness he's okay!!! What a scary time, but he's SO lucky to have such a great Mamma that loves him so much and takes such great care of him.
So happy he's home and back to his old self again :)