Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Camden and Easton!!!

I can't believe that one year ago today at 8:03am and then again at 8:04am my life would be forever changed for the better. The day before started off like any other day. I remember it like it was yesterday, I even remember what I was wearing. I woke up and watch, "Saved by the Bell"(anybody remember that show!! still love it! HA). And then decided that I had it with the bed rest thing. I had been in bed more than I had in my entire life, and I was TIRED of it! I had a Drs. appt the day before(Wed.) and my Dr. told me that I would more than likely have them that weekend. I had a scheduled C-Section for the following Thursday, April 9th, but with how big the babies were, and how I was contracting, he just didn't see me lasting that long. Plus, I had a cerclage in and its not good thing to have once regular contractions start. SOOOO anyway, this was Thursday morning, I watched my Saved by the Bell, ate my Fruity Pebbles, and decided that I would head up to my job for a minute, to say Hi to everybody and plus I needed to sign some HR paperwork. So I got ready and went to work, and then decided that I would go out to my dad's restaurant (I worked for him part time) and sign a few things, since I knew it would be a long while before I would be going out their again. By this time it was bout 2pm in the afternoon, and after I signed everything, I just started feeling funny. I got really tired all of a sudden, and had a pretty good contraction. So I headed home to lay down. Well God knew what he was doing. I layed down about 2:30 and didn't wake up until about 7:30 that night, when Robby got home. He went and got us dinner, but I didn't feel like eating. I kept having contractions, but they were never consistent. So we went to bed about 10pm and all of a sudden, I started contracting every 11 minutes, for 2 hours it was like this. Then it went to about every 9 minutes. They weren't hurting all that bad. My stomach would just get rock hard for about 30 seconds to a minute. My Dr. had me scheduled for NST's every Monday, Wed. and Friday. Well it was about 12:30am FRIDAY morning by this point, so I thought, well its technically Friday. And I could go at any time in the day. The nurses didn't care what time I got their(I had been going for about month). So I woke Robby up, and told him that I thought we should go to the hospital just to make sure everything was ok, since the contractions were beginning to get so regular. So I took a shower, and did my hair and put my makeup on(don't laugh!!). We then go get in the jeep and head that way. By the way, I drove! Yes I did! We both thought that this couldn't possible be the real thing. And he was schedule to work in the morning. So we get to the hospital. I explain everything to the nurse, she was the GREATEST thing since sliced bread!!!, and she hooked me up to the NST. She waited about 15 minutes and took the read and faxed it to my Dr. I am telling you what, everything else happened so fast, my head was spinning! She came back in the my room with a shot and Dr Tris on the phone. Apparently I was contracting, pretty good. Like every 8 minutes. And were not talking little contractions. Dr. Tris was concerned about my cercalage (?)and how strong my contractions were, he told the nurse to book the OR at 7:30. So I got a shot of brethene(?). And wheeled to a L&D room to start my IV. I sent Robby home to get everything. Thank goodness I had it all packed. (we live about 45 minutes away from the hospital). So at this point it was about 2:30am. I started calling all my family, and letting them know what was going on. Everyone was soooo excited. My sister and cousin were the first to arrive, at about 4:30. So we just talked and caught up on all the gossip, and slowly people started coming in. It all happened pretty fast. Then before I knew it, a nurse walked in the room, and handed me a surgical cap and had a tray full of medicine, and handed Robby his scrubs. It was go time! The anthologists had to to do my spinal twice, and I felt kinda of nauseous but after that, but after they lay ed me down, I was good. They had me on my back, with the curtain up in front of me. Robby came in a one point and sat down behind me. I remember asking someone how many people were in the room, and they told me 15 including me. Why I asked that I have no idea! HA. The boys were born at 8:03 and 8:04am. I remember I started crying immediately!! What a joy to have twins. I felt so blessed and honored that God chose me to raise twins!





Right before I went back




Camden left, Easton right. They wouldnt allow us to take a camera in the OR. I am thinking it might have to do with the whole 15 people thing! (to many folks, to much comotion)




baby a-Camden Marshall


baby b-Easton Lee


This was my first time to hold them. I ask the nurses to please put them in my arms at the exact same time. And thats exactly what they did! I had the BEST nurses ever!!


Dear Camden and Easton,

I can NOT put in to words, what you both mean to me. You both are the light of my life, and I thank God every day for blessing me with you both. You both will never know how much I love you until you have kids of your own some day. I cry just thinking that yall are a year old today. But not tears of sadness, but tears of happiness. You both make me so proud!! This past year has been the best of my life. You both were the best babies! Oh don't get me wrong, you both had your days, but I could count them on one hand! When I was pregnant with yall, I had people tell me daily, "its going to be so hard." or "I am glad that its you and not me", or "the first year is the worst". But let me tell yall. It has NOT been near as hard as I imagined it to be. In fact, it really hasn't been anything like I thought it would be at all.

You both have separate personalities, and I love it. But I also so love that yall are a like in so many ways too. I love looking at both of you, and seeing my self and your daddy in you. This year has been soo much fun. And I cant wait for the many years to come.

I love you Camden and I love you Easton, to the moon and back!!!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: