Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August 18, 2008

The day my life changed for ever. On this day, I found out that I was pregnant. It was a late Sunday night, and I just had a hunch. A feeling that I couldn't explain. So after a HUGE ordeal of getting a test, which is hilarious to me now, I took it. Words could not explain what the feelings that were running through me. Everything from being mad to happy to every feeling in between. And I experienced them in all in about 2.5 seconds! I cried, a lot. I was mad, I was scared, I was NOT ready for this at ALL. I remember laying in bed that night thinking that this could not be happening, that it was a dream, and that surly I would wake up soon. But then as I lay there with my hand on my belly, something funny happened. I got this overwhelming feeling over me. Everything was going to be ok. Yeah, the I was still scared out of mind, and all the feelings were still there, but I knew it was going to be ok.




I have always been a planner. Planned for everything. And I didn't plan this at all! But I did know that i had about 8 months to plan for it! So I got up the next morning, took another test, "just to make sure" and got ready and went to work. I was so scared. I knew Amy would call for our morning chat that we have every single day. So when she called I was bawling, and she knew. She didn't know right away, but pretty much guessed it within just a couple of seconds. She cried, I cried, we all cried. I had to have a game plan. She knew this, I knew this. So next up, Dr.'s Appt. I knew that I didn't not want to go to a Dr. here in MP. To much drama, and I wasn't ready for the world to know just yet. Patient confidently goes out the window in small towns, like MP. So I called a good friend, and told her, and she suggested her Dr. in a neighboring town. Sounded good to me. It would be a full week and half of another before I received the next biggest shock of my life... Thats a whole nother post!!!







But before I end this post, I would like to show off the lights of my life, and the two people that mean more to me than anything in this world...








(A very special "thank you" for Lyndee at www.simplysmilesphotography.com for taking these amazing pics!)

1 comment:

Simply Smiles Photography said...

You are SO very welcome for taking the pictures, I thank you SO much for giving me the chance to hang out with your adorable babies!
Your order should be in late next week, or early the following week.
Give the boys hugs and kisses for me :)